Most of you have seen Star Wars the movie and are familiar with the term “The Force”. It’s an analogy on how easy it is to go from good to evil.
eZanga, “The Trusted Online Marketing Firm” somehow lost its way as a digital ad agency. Being involved in ad fraud research, eZanga went to the dark side as mentioned in a new report from Dhar Method’s titled “Ad Fraud in Our Own Backyard“. eZanga is a contractor for US General Service Administration (GSA) without any shame. The dark side runs deep with eZanga.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda
Speaking of the dark side, ad fraudsters targeted porn sites with a newly discovered scam called “Traffic Alchemist“. They disguised their fake traffic as views on reputable sites such as Google and Twitter to trick Google Analytics. These scammers have scammed $7M per month since April 2016.
Also a note on the light side, Oxford BioChronometrics won an award from NATO for innovation in defense technology. Instead of being accredited by MRC, ANA, IAB etc… we took it up a notch and won a NATO award.
The fraud continues in the digital advertising ecosystem. As the Jedi Master Yoda says:
“You must unlearn what you have learned.” – Yoda
A long time ago on a distant network before clouds with Sun servers and Cisco routers, there arose a search engine war. Players such as Altavista, Excite, Lycos, Yahoo, and Google fought for dominance. As the battle waged on, the internet bubble kept expanding like it’s own galaxy. At the apex, social networks were born as well as cyber security user threats.
The first of this new species would be named Friendster. A few years later, MySpace was spawned and would quickly dwarf it’s predecessor with an astonishing 360 million users. Like all battles, champions fall. What was once the mighty empire of Friendster, would soon become ancient ruins. Excavators recently stumbled upon these ruins of Friendster. We also see tomb raiders known as hackers selling the hieroglyphic writings of the MySpace walls (username/passwords) for 10 Bitcoins (BTC). What’s next? Will GeoCities or Netzero be offered in some online version of the Antiques Roadshow?
How much will your data fetch? When the man who created the most powerful social network empire is unable keep his own accounts safe, how long until your data is up for sale? This was a small automated program logging into Zuckerberg’s account, basic Hacker 101 from the LinkedIn hack. This shows no matter how big you think you are, you’re always vulnerable to bot attacks. Get with the program and establish better user authentication.
With all these automated bot attacks and ad click blockers, we are seeing how to make money with bots in the Ad Tech world. Major advertisers are getting hacked out of double digit billions per year. A new report from The Dhar Method came out called “Mystery Shopping Inside the Ad Fraud Verification Bubble” and audio version here. An inside look at creating a fake publisher with cheap ad flow to make revenue from digital ads. For the secret test, a few of the major ad fraud detection technologies and a few unheard of up and coming ad fraud detection companies were used. All but one failed! Who’s your Daddy?
This Father’s Day keep custody of your data in a bot battle. Keep your accounts safe and secure with BioChronometrics.
Beware, spoilers for 2016.
- Anonymous Twitter account will get hacked and goes underground.
- Digital ad market will finally eliminate ad fraud saving advertisers $200 billion per year in fraud. This saved money will be given back to consumers with issued checks, coupons, and less ads.
- The “Ultimate Password” will go mainstream with the start of the “Ultimate Email”.
- CAPTCHA’s and reCAPTCHA’s will become extinct. Passive authentication NoMoreCaptchas will replace it.
- NoMoreCaptchas will break the world record for the Turing Test a second time.
- Homeland security ads (literally) LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, Tinder, and Grindr for background checks and digital advertising.
- Another Bitcoin exchange goes poof. Bitcoin goes to $10,000 again.
- Pirate Bay floats away into the sunset never to be seen.
- Man in middle gets caught in the middle via eDNA.
- The IRS gets hacked by AnonyTax. They will permanently reduce taxes for all Americans.
Have a good New Years everyone!!!