AdTech is undergoing massive changes lately. One of the biggest casualties of this disruption are digital publishers. We recently saw Yahoo sell for $4.6B to Verizon ($VZ) which in 2008 was offered $44B from Microsoft ($MSFT). Disruption can also create winners. It creates opportunities for value seen only by visionaries. AdTech is still advancing with changes in this early market structure.
- Market efficiencies are still needed in this defragmented market.
- Fraud continues to be a major part of the ecosystem.
- Inefficient players will be wiped out.
- Ad blockers are a sign of a broken system.
- Lack of transparency is a problem.
- Decreasing CPM.
Innovation and creating value in the ecosystem is a must for survival. The players that continue to lack value will be purged from the ecosystem. This can be seen very clearly with the Yahoo sale. This market is ready for massive disruption. It happened on Wall St and it will happen in AdTech. Message me if you want to learn more.